Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Best Song Ever: Review: George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord"

my sweet lord best song ever review can be found on treblezine.com

"My Sweet Lord"
George Harrison
All Things Must Pass

The question isn't when did my life begin but when did my first memory take place? The answer is in the mid to late 1970's while I was in the womb, mis padres were living in New York City and on the radio was this now-classic song by George Harrison. I have always had a strange connection to this song. I remember rehearing this song again while in high school while in the car with my Madre and recognizing it right away. That's when she said, oh that's the song that was playing all the time on el radio right before you were born. It's kind of remarkable how hearing this song from the womb, to this day, it still resonates with me. The reason I love this song is because it's very spiritual without being overtly religious. And it also has that killer acoustic guitar riff that made me want to pick one up and learn to play the guitar. Isn't that what great music is supposed to do, stay with you through time and inspire you to want to play music? I think so.

Adrian Ernesto Cepeda
2006

No comments: